|What can YOU do to help abolish nuclear weapons?
Here are 9 steps to support the Canadian Network to Abolish Nuclear Weapons:
1. Spread the word. Talk about the need to abolish nuclear weapons with your family and friends, in your neighbourhood, faith group or workplace.
2. Share the word. Copy the handouts from our website and give them to your contacts.
3. Educate yourself on the basic facts. Spend time on this website or any of the many other good resource sites.
Here are a few others you can look through:
International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)
Japan Council Against A and H Bombs (Gensuikyo)
Petition to Prime Minister of Canada
Mayors for Peace "Cities are not Targets" (CANT) campaign petition
Are you a student? Contact Canadian Student Youth Pugwash
through Cameron Harrington: here.
Find them on Facebook as Canadian Student/Young Pugwash.
4. Inform the Prime Minister and your Member of Parliament of your concern (no postage necessary). Ask them to support the goal of the CNANW. To find your Member of Parliament, go to the parliamentary website. Sample letter here. Hand your MP a background briefing document (rtf format; pdf format).
5. Inform the House of Commons of your concern: Circulate a petition urging support for the abolition of nuclear weapons by all states, and ask your M.P. to present it to Parliament. (A sample petition is available on this website.)
6. Individuals are invited to join one or more of our member groups.
7. Community organizations, faith groups and unions are invited to endorse the goals of the CNANW.
8. Make a donation to organizations that are working to abolish nuclear weapons.
9. Make a donation to support the CNANW.
Email us for details at: firstname.lastname@example.org